[Swarm-Support] (no subject)

From: Joerg, Werner
Subject: [Swarm-Support] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:42:27 -0500

Hello,
this is my first contact with this list.

I have just started exploring Swarm - looks like a very interesting tool for
some of our ABM needs.

But I have still more questions than answers of the novice style:

The environment is a W2K / Jdk1.4.2 platform. I have managed to get most
examples that I could find on line, perform under Swarm 2.1.1. using
NetBeans or JBuilder ... without Cygwin.

Now I am trying to move to the 2.2 pretest version and none of the examples
work anymore. So, before I go into the details of these problems I have some
fundamental questions about using Swarm:

- is it advisable to use an IDE such as NetBeans or JBuilder to develop
Swarm applications?

- if so, does Cygwin "need" to be installed - what problems should I
anticipate if I don't install it?

- Am I setting myself up for more tech. trouble once the application is
ready for packaging for stand alone use/distribution?

Thanks for your help,

Werner

address@hidden