Re: [Swarm-Support] pretest 10 (for Windows)

From: Suman Kanuganti
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] pretest 10 (for Windows)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:42:04 -0700 (PDT)

Marcus,
I am using j2sdk1.4.2_01 and not jdk 1.4.2.

I simply renamed j2sdk1.4.2_01 to j2sdk1.4.2 to match
the scripts javacswarm and javaswarm.

Also I am running /Swarm-2.2/bin/gcj itself and not
/usr/bin/gcj, instead there is not gcj in /usr/bin.

Even if I type in simple gcj it gives the same error:
libgcj.spec not found.

Yep, I could send the program to you.

Suman K

--- "Marcus G. Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Suman Kanuganti wrote:
>
> >1. After my simulation ends, when I say quit from
> >contral panel, it results in an java.exe
> Application
> >Error giving a pop up, "The instruction at
> >"0xSomehexnum" referenced memory at "0xSomehexnum"
> ,
> >memory could not be read, click ok to terminate"
> >But it doesnt effect anything, is that may be
> problem
> >with java or problem with my program?\
> >

> You're using JDK 1.4.2?  Can you reproduce it with
> any Java model?
> If it is a particular model, can you send it to me
> offline?
>
> >2. I was trying to make an executable using gcj.
> >I have given,
> >
> >CLASSPATH=/Swarm-2.2/share/swarm/swarm.jar gcj -O2
> -g
> >--main=StartFluModel -L /Swarm-2.2/lib *.class
> >/Swarm-2.2/lib/gcj{swarm,bytecode}.o -o
> StartFluModel
> >
> >Now, it results in an error,
> >gcj: libgcj.spec : No such file or directory
> >
> >though, libgcj.spec is in /Swarm-2.2/lib directory.
>
> >What might be the problem?
> >

> Probably you're running the /usr/bin/gcj instead of
> /Swarm-2.2/bin/gcj.

=====
Suman Kanuganti,
Swarm Group, Anth Dept.,