Re: [Swarm-Support] using sun's java libs in swarm

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] using sun's java libs in swarm
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:20:41 -0600

Jan Herrmann wrote:

But when I press the start-button in the ProcCtrl
Window I get a java.exe - Application error. Windows tells me that there is
a problem with referencing the memory (memory could not be read). In the
terminal I get the following message:

/src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/directory.m:507 swarm_directory_objc_remove
     0 [sig] java 1028 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to java.exe.stackdump
Does jheatbugs work? It could be a problem with your model where objects are being returned and accumulating in the directory that related Java and Objective C objects. Or, perhaps you are trying to drop some object that has already been dropped. There's currently a bug in Cygwin that makes it impossible to load Cygwin in Java, and thus Swarm in Java. If someone wanted to write a test case for a non-Swarm, minimal, DLL load in Java that displayed the problem, the Cygwin folks would probably fix it. The old Windows binaries (including 2.1.1) can be considered unsupported. If you need something working now, I'd use Linux or Solaris.