Re: [Swarm-Support] using sun's java libs in swarm

From: Jan Herrmann
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] using sun's java libs in swarm
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:15:17 +0200

Hello,

Thanks Marcus for your help. As the Kaffe libs don't support Database
connections I decided to use JDK.

I'm now using jdkcswarm and jdkswarm. I had to change the JDKPATH in the
sh.scripts so it can find my JDK-Home. The compilation terminates. I can
also start the simulation. But when I press the start-button in the ProcCtrl
Window I get a java.exe - Application error. Windows tells me that there is
a problem with referencing the memory (memory could not be read). In the
terminal I get the following message:

/src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/directory.m:507 swarm_directory_objc_remove
      0 [sig] java 1028 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to java.exe.stackdump

Any idea what went wrong?

I'm using swarm2.1.1. Are there any new snapshot/pretest versions of Swarm
for windows or should I better run swarm under Linux?

thanks for your support

greets

Jan