Re: [Swarm-Support] Writing to a file.

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Writing to a file.
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 08:46:57 -0500

In http://ArtStkMkt.sourceforge.net, you can see how I write values out to text files and hdf5 files from EZGraphs. you could do some checking to see how to go from hdf5 to Excel, but the text files do go over fine. I'm not using java. I've been using a Perl module that can create Excel files from text files, you could also go that route. If you want, I could look up in CPAN.

Suman Kanuganti wrote:
Ok; I am trying to save some data and write to a file
while I ran simulation, is there any better way to do
this in swarm. I would love to have an excel file, its
easy for my people to use with.

I remember there was some method for this in native
java too but couldnt get exactly.

And outputToFile() is of any use in this regard, if so
anyone would let me know how?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Suman K

=====
Suman Kanuganti,
Swarm Group, Anth Dept., University of Missouri, Columbia.