Re: Swarm corrupts.

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: Swarm corrupts.
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:41:42 -0600

Li An wrote:
Hi,

The problem mentioned in my last email was fixed by reinstalling the rpms using:

rpm -ivh --replacepkgs *.rpm

I have another related question: if I move the packages (as shown as *.rpm above) to another directory, say /home/anli/myApp/, and issue the above command again, then will these packages be installed elsewhere (/home/anli/myApp/), or simply overwrite the previously-installed one at a unchanged directory? Simply put, it does not matter where you put the rpm's, the installation of them will always go to the same place (in my case, under /usr)?

No matter where you put the *.rpm file, when you install it, it goes into the place it is intended to be (unless you tell it otherwise by trying to change the prefix.)

Learn the RPM system. Do

rpm -qilp swarm-xxx.rpm

to see where the files in a package are going.

I think the other problem you had was this one:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html#5.5

and I don't think reinstalling the rpms made it go away. I think running some other model that updated .swarmArchiver fixed it, or perhaps running the model as a different user made it seem to go away. (did you test swarm as root, perhaps?).

Thanks,

Li