On names of methods

From: Francisco Coelho
Subject: On names of methods
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:58:07 -0000

Hi

I've been using Swarm for the last 2 months and last week I had a
strange "bug":

Doing a variation on simpleObserverBug2 where bugs have names, I defined
two
methods [bug setName: aName] and [bug getName] to handle this variable.

The project compiled and run... until I tried to probe bugs...

Using the (conventional) rightClick on some Bug to get it's default
Probe, the program
crashed with the POWER_ACCESS_VIOLATION exception.

Only today I realized that the problem was with the names of the
methods.
If I use [bug setBugName: aName] and [bug getBugName] I do not have this
crash.

I think this experience might be usefull to swarm users.

Francisco Coelho

==

Departamento de Matematica - Universidade de Evora
Rua Romao Ramalho, 59
7000-671 Evora
Portugal

tel.  +351 91 900 63 79