Using VarProbes

From: Marshall, James A R
Subject: Using VarProbes
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:18:51 +0100

Hello,
  I am having trouble using VarProbes with the Java version of Swarm 2.1.1.
The following code works fine up until *
        varProbe =
Globals.env.probeLibrary.getProbeForVariable$inClass("mCharterRef",
mVesselCosts.getClass());
        if (varProbe == null)
        {
                throw new RuntimeException("Attempt to change unknown
value");
        }
        System.out.println(varProbe.getProbedVariable());
*       System.out.println(varProbe.probeAsInt(mVesselCosts));
        System.out.println(mVesselCosts.mCharterRef);
at which point an IllegalAccessException is thrown.
  If I try and get the VarProbe either directly from mVesselCosts by calling
getProbeForVariable, or through a ProbeMap on mVesselCosts returned by
getCompleteProbeMap, Swarm raises an event as it is unable to find the
required Java selector in JavaProxy.
  Could anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?
  Thanks,
        James

---
Dr James A R Marshall
Container World Project - http://www.ese.ic.ac.uk/research/containerworld/
Department of Earth Sciences and Engineering, Imperial College, London
Tel: +44 (0)20 7594 7493
Fax: +44 (0)20 7594 7444