Re: java programming of swarm apps

From: pauljohn
Subject: Re: java programming of swarm apps
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 13:16:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Ward R. Evans wrote:

> I've spent the last couple of weeks learning how to use swarm and java. It
> was pretty rocky going until I decided to redo all the Objective C tutorial
> programs in Java. It's well worth the effort.
 Charles Staelin got about 80 percent of the way finished with that
project. I think it would be super superb if you would pick that ball up
and run with it.  I don't have access to a gui to check myself, but I know
for sure I put a copy of Charles's work somewhere on my web site, I think
in the swarm dir called OtherPeoplesCode.  Please check

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm

in various directories, I'm sure I put it there for somebody else who
asked a month ago.

Please oh please do this job.  If you do that, I will get serious about
writing Java User Guide stuff.

That's how voluntary software development is. We need volunteers.
Paul Johnson

I'm in Washington DC now, so may not answer you for a while.