optional parameter to probed method

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: optional parameter to probed method
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 12:46:16 -0400 (EDT)

I'd like to have an optional parameter for
a probed method, e.g., one set up like this:

  [probeMap addProbe: [[probeLibrary getProbeForMessage: "displayAgents:"
                             inClass: [self class]]
                        setHideResult: 1]];

But when I press the method button for the above
probe, with no value in the parameter box, it beeps
and does nothing.

Is there a simple way to tell it to accept
a null parameter (or whatever value it send when
one puts nothing in the parameter box)?
I poked around the man pages a bit, and didn't
see anything obvious, but maybe I just missed it.

thanks,
  - r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html