Randomize Concurrent Events

From: Minh Nguyen
Subject: Randomize Concurrent Events
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:04:33 -0400

Hello all,

I have a number of events that occur on the same time step and I want them to execute in a random order. I've already looked through the Swarm References, the Swarm FAQ, and the swarm-support archive, but I am still confused.

Here's the relevent sections of my code:
protected Schedule modelSchedule;
modelSchedule = new ScheduleImpl(getZone(), true);
modelSchedule.setDefaultOrder(Globals.env.Randomized);

While it will compile and run, it doesn't seem to randomize the events. Is there something I'm missing? Do I have to use a ConcurrentSchedule or something to make this happen?

Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

~Minh