invalid receiver type 'void'

From: Krishnan Viswanathan
Subject: invalid receiver type 'void'
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:37:13 -0400

I downloaded the source codes for the articles in "Econ. Sim. in Swarm"
from Paul Johnson's site. On running the code for chapter 7 - Numerical
Modeling, Noise Traders and the Swarm Sim. Sys. I got the following
error on make.
MktModelSwarm.m:330: warning: invalid receiver type `void '
MktModelSwarm.m:330: void value not ignored as it ought to be
MktModelSwarm.m:330: invalid use of void expression

The relevant code for this is:
traderElement = [wealthGraph createElement];
[[[traderElement setLabel: "all traders"] setColor: "black"] setWidth:
3];

Any help or pointers on fixing this is much appreciated.

Thanks
Krishnan

Krishnan Viswanathan
201 Transportation Research Building
University Park, PA 16802
Phones: (814) 863-1897 (W) / (814) 862-8422 (H)
email: address@hidden