Re: Examples are compiling, but not running

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Examples are compiling, but not running
Date: 25 Apr 2001 10:42:23 -0600

CL> /Net/users/chrischan/temp/swarm-2.1.1/src/defobj/directory.m:1065:
CL> undefined ref erence to `probeDisplayManager'

How about a nice upgrade to SuSE 7.1?

Specifically, you could try upgrading binutils and gcc.  I don't use
SuSE, so I can't point you at specific URLs.  I've seen this kind of thing
before with older toolchains.

CL> When I try the Java examples, they compile fine, but executing them with
CL> javaswarm says "Can't find Java2 Runtime Environment" although it is
CL> properly installed and working (JDK1.3), I can see the right path in the
CL> javaswarm file.

Instead of using the javaswarm script, try pointing LD_LIBRARY_PATH
at the Swarm stuff using the output of javaswarm with no arguments as a guide,
and add /usr/share/swarm/swarm.jar (or whatever) to the CLASSPATH.
Then just try "java StartHeatbugs" instead of "javaswarm StartHeatbugs.