MacOSX again (sorry)

From: Jacobo Myerston
Subject: MacOSX again (sorry)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:52:13 -0400

Hi Marcus,

I know what you say about the Apple cc compiler, but I want to try to compile
swarm
on OSX with the flags -cpp-traditional. According to several  Darwin developers
the  cc compiler with the -cpp-traditional flag behave like gnu-gcc.  Using this
and other patches a lot of gnu software is already ported to Darwin.  I've
already
compile tcltk, blt and hdf5. It remains only swarm. The problem now is the
configure script that cannot  deal with the location of java in MacOSX. It is
posible to disable java? I was looking in the help of configure, but was unable
find something like --disable-jdk. The other way could  be to say to configure
look for java binaries,  like javac, in /usr/bin, and for the java libraries in
/System/Library/Frameworks/.... (I dont know exactly), but was a little
difficult
and didn't work for me.

thanks