Scheduling in java

From: Katherine Roberts
Subject: Scheduling in java
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 19:24:34 +0100 (BST)

Hello,
I'm using swarm-2.1.1 in Windows.

I'm trying to set up a simulation with more than one class of agent. At
each timestep I want each of the agents to perform their step method and
then redisplay as appropriate. I set up a simple version with only one
class of agents and got it working OK (v. similar to the heatbugs
example).
How can I extend the schedule to have more than one class of agent, for
example if I wanted to have heatbugs and some other bug type - totally
different classes, but both need to call step every tick?
Is there just one schedule and actionGroup, or do I need separate ones
for each class - there doesn't seem to be a way to create an ActionGroup
acting on more than one class (because of the way the selector is
created).

Thank you!