what happens after you push Quit

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: what happens after you push Quit
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:26:33 -0400 (EDT)

I just noticed that in, say heatbugs, if one makes
the end of main.m look like this:

  [theTopLevelSwarm buildObjects];
  [theTopLevelSwarm buildActions];
  [theTopLevelSwarm activateIn: nil];
  [theTopLevelSwarm go];

  fprintf(stderr,"\nAfter 'go' is done!\n\n");    // *** THIS IS NEW ***

  // theTopLevelSwarm has finished processing, so it's time to quit.
  return 0;
}

and then run it in GUI mode, when one runs it eg

 mercato-rlr)./heatbugs

and then after a bit of running, press Quit,
the fprintf message is never printed on the screen.
(which i gather means the return 0; is not executed, either.

A couple of questions:
a) is this how it works for you?  or am i doing something
   silly (there is not much I am doing...just put that one
   line in standard sfi heatbugs).
b) did it always do this?  i think i remember
   in prior versions (the above is 2.1.1, under redhat) that it would
   execute whatever is there before the final return.
c) is this "right"?
d) if I want something to happen after the Quit
   is pressed, before the program terminates, where
   is the best place to put it?

thanks.
 - r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html