Re: How can I draw strings on a Raster?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: How can I draw strings on a Raster?
Date: 27 Aug 2000 10:12:36 -0700

KY> I draw original figures on a Raster , using the method of
KY> ineX0$Y0$X1$Y1$Width$Color,fillRectangleX0$Y0$X1$Y1$Color and so
KY> on.  But I dont know how to draw strings.

You'll have more flexibility if you use a Canvas instead of a Raster.
You can put TextItems on a Canvas, while Raster has no text feature.
If you really want to use a Raster you can use a bitmap editor like Gimp
to make pixmaps you can draw, which contain the text.

Another idea is to switch to a pure Java approach...