RE: swarm.Globals package details

From: Fred Wan
Subject: RE: swarm.Globals package details
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 19:00:44 +0200

I am aware that the SDG policy is that the user should be as little as
possible concerned with the internals of Swarm, however, there is very
little reference material available. In general there is a trade-off between
the quantity and quality of the reference material and that of the
tuturials/guidelines. If the reference material is not easily accessible
(and therefore the internal workings are unknown), there should be clear
guidelines for usage.

Although there is no tutorial (publicly) available yet, I have full
confidence that it will be in the near future.

FW> More specifically, does the
FW> call also set the following variable (i.e., is a Swarm Zone
FW> initialized)?

FW> Globals.env.globalZone

initSwarm initializes the libraries in Swarm (including the GUI),
sets the variables in SwarmEnvironment (e.g. globalZone), and processes
the command line arguments.  Most of the details are not important since
they
are internal implemenetation things...