Re: still Drag'n'Drop problem.

From: Gary Polhill
Subject: Re: still Drag'n'Drop problem.
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 14:27:42 +0100

Dominique Jacquel wrote:

> Can anyone confirm the reality of this bug?

I get the bug on my NT box, and it doesn't happen on Solaris 2.6
(both Swarm 1.4.1)

I've modified your test program to create a myAgent2 instead of a
myAgent every other time the createAgent button is pressed. Now you
can see more clearly what is going on. The first time you click
the createAgent button (on NT) you get a myAgent2 back. You then
drag it into one of the arguments to the testDragnDrop method, as
per the instructions. The next time you click on the createAgent button,
you get back a myAgent. However, when you click on it to drag it to
the other testDragnDrop argument, the tab you drag across shows myAgent2
instead of myAgent. If you rerun the program, and click the createAgent
button twice, you can then drag the myAgent across, but click it again to
get a myAgent2, and you drag across the myAgent again. So it looks like
whatever is getting copied into the drag and drop buffer the first time
stays there, no matter what you click on to drag something else subsequently.
I guess the problem must be in the NT version of the BLT library. I can't
remember which version of the BLT library you get with Swarm for NT -- I
think it might be blt-8.0-unoff-swarm-0. You might try seeing if you
can compile a different version of the BLT libraries on NT (e.g. 2.4g),
but I have a feeling that I read somewhere that 2.4g was not compatible
with NT/Cygwin.

I have attached the modified version of your test code.

Gary

--

Macaulay Land Use Research Institute, Craigiebuckler, Aberdeen. AB15 8QH
Tel: +44 (0) 1224 318611               Email: address@hidden