Re: New Tcl/Tk breaking Swarm?

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: New Tcl/Tk breaking Swarm?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 17:19:49 -0600

Erik Rauch wrote:

> A new Debian version of Tcl/Tk seems to be breaking Swarm. All swarm
> applications were giving a segmentation fault after I upgraded them.
>
> gdb heatbugs
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /zu/rauch/swarm/apps/heatbugs/heatbugs

Same happened with the new version of REdhat. I've tied tcl/tk 8.0.3 and
8.0.4 and neither seems to work, even after recompiling Swarm.
Back-grading (can't make myself say down grading) to any version 8.0.2
or before will make the problem go away.

I know for a fact this problem is being worked on in Santa Fe and we
will hear when there is some news.

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn