Re: help with first Swarm app

From: James Marshall
Subject: Re: help with first Swarm app
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:09:03 GMT

Hi,
  thanks for everyone's help!

> You need to tell the linker to include the space library.  In your
> application Makefile you should have the line:
>
> APPLIBS=-lspace

This worked (at least my code compiled, it crashes on execution, but
at least it compiled!)

> In binary distributions (which you obviously aren't using) this
> library is in the swarm.x binary so you don't need to explicity
> include the space library, this can sometimes cause confusion with
> people running the same code against archive and binary installations,
> respectively.

That seems a strange situation, and I can't see where it's explicitly
stated that this is the case. I was unaware of which distribution I
was using anyway, as tech support installed the package for me.
Maybe some of the replies to the above message will go some to
cleaning up this anomoly.
        James
--
James Marshall - Postgraduate Research Student (MPhil/PhD)
Artificial Intelligence Group - Department of Computer and Information Sciences