Re: (Pathetic cry for FAQ help) Re: ZoomRaster movies

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: (Pathetic cry for FAQ help) Re: ZoomRaster movies
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 17:24:58 +0200

Hi Paul,

I didn't want to toot my horn here, since I thought it was obvious from
looking at the web site...but if you download the BatchRaster stuff that I
based on Nelson's ZoomRaster the README there should give you an answer to
most of your questions.

I'm sorry that I'm so lazy, but right now I don't feel like writing a FAQ,
so I hope someone else jumps in.

Also, w.r.t. to someone's question earlier - about the best way to make
animations; on Unix use ImageMagic to make animated gifs and then put those
in a web page, you can streamline this with a Perl script fairly easily.
Other idea is to use xanim that can play a series of gifs, but then you
need to keep all of them around (both can also use PPM but since the format
that ZoomRaster and BatchRaster write out is very large, should transform
to gif right away which is neato binary and light).

There are some alternatives to ImageMagic for those darn Windoze computers
that everyone seems to be so much in love with but I wouldn't know.

--
With best regards,
-Benedikt

Department of Economics, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1477, USA
Tel: (310) 825 4126     Fax: (310) 825 9528

4/3-7/1 1998:
Dipartimento di Economia, Universita di Trento, 38100 Trento, ITALY
Tel: +39 (461) 88 22 46 Fax: +39 (461) 88 22 22