Tcl-Tk

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Tcl-Tk
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 11:13:47 +0100

        Hi all,

        I've bought the book

        Foster-Johnson E. (1997) Graphical Applications with Tcl & Tk, M&T
Books,
New York

        and reading it I'm greatly appreciating the power of the Tcl language.

        Mainly, for me it is a true surprise to read that Tkl/Tk applications
run
also under Windows 3.1, Windows 95 and - with the release 8.0 - under MacOs.

        So, let me introduce a query (may be, quite ingenuous): Why the Swarm
community is not following this direct way to move from Unix to Windows/Mac
environments?

        Yours, Pietro