Re: java vs. tcl/tk???

From: bleydorf
Subject: Re: java vs. tcl/tk???
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 11:12:44 -0500

Irene Anne Lee wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
>  > But, this brings up a question...I have seen (at my local computer book
>  > source), a book on Tcl/tk for only 4 bucks.  Would it be a waste of
>  > money to get this, since java is going to replace tcl/tk?  Or would it
>  > still make sense to spend 4 bucks for a good reference book...?
>
> Sounds like a bargain for $4.00 though it may be woefully out of date.
> The current version of Tcl is 8.0

It probably is an older edition/version, but doesnt swarm use the older
versions?  Or have they been updated as well?

> 1.1 will be the NT version. It is expected before the end of year.

If I already have NT 4, should I bother installing Linux on my home PC,
with the upcoming NT release?
And how hard will it be to convert old linux code to new NT code?
Will the user contributed libraries work with NT, specifically
GraphLib-0.2?

Thanks,
Brad.