RE: record & replay of probe activity

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: RE: record & replay of probe activity
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 08:21:22 -0400 (EDT)

Sven
That does indeed sound like a useful facility.

I still really would like to see 'hooks' in things like probes,
especially data entry probes and sim control widgets,
so that I easily can add custom processing to happen when
users enter data, press buttons, etc.

re how to send messages to objects that don't exist:
what I have done is assign unique ID's to each object,
so when I record change messages to objects, I include
that ID.   Then on replay, I get the pointer to the object
by looking it up via its ID.

- r

Rick Riolo                       address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
1061 Randall Lab     University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html