Downloading swarm, etc.

From: Mr X.Y.Huang
Subject: Downloading swarm, etc.
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 16:50:55 +0000

Dear members,
After some help from members and my own survey about platforms for
multiagent systems, I found that most of them are still in the
development stage. Swarm is also at such a stage. So, it would be
very difficult for me to make a long term decision on what language
and platform or library I should use. However, it seems to me that
the swarm team has a very open ground for all the users to discuss
their interests, their problems, and their suggestions about Swarm, I
decided to have a serious try to download it.
Can anyone give me some information about requirements for
(1) set up Linux operation system
(2) set X window (is that the best for graphics when Swarm is used)
(3) download Swarm library
(please also tell me whether there are other things I need for
building up a multi-agent system in simulating travellers'
behaviour in a transportation system (I described such a simulation
system a few days ago)?
By requirements, I mean the computer type (my current computer is
586),  memory space, copyright, and where to get these software, etc.
Thanks!

---
Xueyue Huang
Center For Transport Studies