Re: simpleExperBug crashed ...

From: Mr X.Y.Huang
Subject: Re: simpleExperBug crashed ...
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 09:55:56 +0000

Dear members of the swarm support,
I just joined your team and would like to get into your discussion
about swarm multiagent language.
My background is multiagent negotiation in automatic vehicle
scheduling (that was my Ph.D project). Now I was employed by Center
for Transport Studies, Imperial College, London, UK. The current
project aims at simulating travellers' behaviour in the traffic
network where information systems are provided. I am thinking of
implementing such a simulation system as a multiagent system where an
agent could be a traveller or a group of homogeneous travellers.
These agents may interact each other.  One of the problems I face is
what computing language I should choose. I think multiagent languages
should be very good candidates. However, my knowledge about
multiagent languages is very shallow. Does any of the members know
how many multiagent languages (such as Swarm) there exist? I want to
do a survey, and probably decide to choose one of them as my
implementation language.
In particular, most of you may already have started to use Swarm in
your application, so you may have very good experiences about this
language. Could anyone tell me about your opinions about it (is it
easy to be mastered?  is it easy to set the software in your
computer? what is the most serious problem(s) you met?, etc.).  My
computer is a pentium 150 with a sizable memory space and window 95
operation system. Is this good enough to down load Swarm and use it?

Ok, I think I have raised too many questions. I have to stop and wait
for your response.
Many thanks!

---
Xueyue Huang