Please help, nil receiver aborting.

From: Shigeo Sagai
Subject: Please help, nil receiver aborting.
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 19:26:29 +0900

Dear Sirs,

I tried to use swarm-96-1002.tgz. I unpacked, compiled it, and
it seemed to me that there is no problem.

And I compiled heatbugs applications from application package,
which also seemed nice. But when I start heatbugs, then it
stopped by

nil receiver for message
Abort (core dumped).

And gdb says that,

nil receiver for message

0x400ae741 in tclOpenFiles ().

Is there any suggestion for what happening on my machine.

I'm using swarm on Linux-elf 2.0.28, gcc 2.7.2 and libc 5.3.12
(Slackware 3.1).

I got all the required softwares from the Santa Fe FTP site,
and setup carefully, but...

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Best regards.
--
  Shigeo Sagai                       address@hidden