A new paper, and goodbye!

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: A new paper, and goodbye!
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 96 19:28:23 MDT

As some of you know, today is my last day with the Swarm project at
the Santa Fe Institute. I came here two years ago just out of college,
fairly clueless about what I wanted to do but excited to be working on
a new piece of software, Swarm. The last two years here have been
terrific. Swarm has grown from being an idea to a working product. And
I've had the time and stimulation to figure out what I want to do. I'm
leaving to start graduate school this fall at the MIT Media Lab. Along
the way I'm taking a two month driving vacation. If I'm coming your
way, let me know and I'll drop in and say hello. My plan is on
http://www.santafe.edu/~nelson/roadtrip-96/.

Thank you to all the Swarm users out there for your patience and
encouragement. A special thank you to the early beta group who had to
deal with building simulations with a design that was still a moving
target :-) Swarm is foremost a project about user community: your
input has driven Swarm in exciting and interesting ways.

As a final gift to y'all, there is a new overview paper. We think it's
a coherent summary of what Swarm is about: its goals and its designs.
It is available from http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/ and will
soon be an SFI working paper.

Good luck, and thanks!
  Nelson