New user! - with problems

From: Kevin Allen
Subject: New user! - with problems
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 1996 14:14:16 +0000

Hello Everyone

My name is Kevin Allen. I am a research student in the Intelligent Autonomous
Systems Engineering Lab at the University of the west of Egland in the UK. I am
studying Action Selection Mechanisms and their implementation on real
robots, this work is under the supervision of Owen Holland.

My work has reached the stage of designing a simulation package. I had
started to do this from scratch when Owen found out about the Swarm package,
which sounds just right for my work.

I am now busily installing Swarm and tackled my way through several
problems. The latest one is troubling me.
When I attempt to make xmp I get the following messages:
entering directory '/home/ias/xpm/xpm-3.4h/lib
No rule to make target xpmP.h needed by data.o

any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in anticipation!

Cheers Kevin