Cognition and Graphs

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Cognition and Graphs
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 96 19:15:45 +0200

Hi,

The University of Trento Center for Experimental Economics
Laboratory in cooperation with the Center for Computable Economics
at UCLA has been studying Swarm for brief period. At the moment we
are thinking about using Swarm to simulate two things:

        1) The interaction of artificial agents playing a game which
           has been used in (human) experiments at CEEL.
        2) An organizational model of firms as hierarchies, with a
           "principal-agent" flavor, but adaptive agents.

We wanted to ask the Swarm community if there are any other
beta-testers who have been thinking of developing the following
components in Swarm (or have such projects already underway):
        + Support for hierarchical or other social structures linking
          agents, i.e. general graphs.
        + Classifier systems - either with or without the support for
          genetic operators on the classifiers.

Any ideas, news, hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
We would also be interested in cooperating with other researchers
in developing these libraries.

Benedikt Stefansson, CCE UCLA
Paolo Patelli, CEEL