swarm-modeling

questions regarding swarm

From: aejaz khan
Subject: questions regarding swarm
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:07:41 -0800 (PST)

Hello List,

 I am doing research in the area of supply chain management.

 I need to implement a intelligent agent framework in a supply chain.

 Someone suggested SWARM.

 Now the problem.

 1) Programming

   I dont have a clue about JAVA or Objective C.

   But the saving grace is that i have done a project in C++.

   I have four months to present my results.

  The best way for me to learn is to study an example simulation of a

  supply chain using intelligent agents, if there is one !

  can anyone suggest any sources.

  Do we have proper documentation for using JAVA with SWARM.

  atleast i couldnt find one !

  2)  INSTALLATION

      I read a lot of material on the swarm website, but i just cant seem to

     understand how to go about installing this software.

     And yes,let me admit,the jargon is making life really difficult.

     Can anyone please explain in simple to understand text the installation steps.

     I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Aejaz Khan

Do you Yahoo!?