summer-of-code

Re: 2009 acceptance

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: Re: 2009 acceptance
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:39:04 +0000

2009/3/18 Karl Berry <address@hidden>:
> GNU was accepted as an organization for GSoC 2009.
>
> As I understand it: potential mentors, you now need to sign up with
> Google's new app for administering GSoC, http://socghop.appspot.com, and
> then request to be a mentor with "gnu".  An existing Google account can
> be used.
>
> Here is the full lengthy document for all eventualities:
> http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/userguide
>
> Good luck to us all,
> karl

Congratulations to the GNU project!

Note that when submitting a mentor application, their web app seems to
redirect you to a page that claims 'you have no roles'.  However ,if
you instead click 'Requests' on the left-hand list of links, you will
see the pending mentor request that just went through
(http://code.google.com/p/soc/issues/detail?id=374).

Good luck everyone,
--
Andrew :-)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8