Re: [STUMP] A stumpwm's module

From: Scott Jaderholm
Subject: Re: [STUMP] A stumpwm's module
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 17:58:10 -0700

Hey Diogo,

Do you still use pavol? I thought of another feature: per app volume setting.

I am thinking of this kind of UI: a command that first presents a menu
of apps (the result of pacmd's show sink-inputs), possibly including
the full command name (application.name is included in output, but
it's only "mplayer", so might be better to get pid and full name such
as "mplayer foo.mov" to make choosing between multiple mplayers
easier). It also might be nice to present the current volume for each
app in that menu. When an app is selected, it goes to a UI like the
current ui with the same keystrokes, progressbar, muting, etc.

The volume can be set with pacmd's set-sink-input-volume.

Scott