Re: [STUMP] questions

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] questions
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:03:35 -0400

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:01:34 +0330, Mostafa Razavi wrote:

Well, thanks anyway. I like the programmability even if it's a
distraction. I'm having tons of fun, just connecting to the lisp image from within emacs and messing with it! If stumpwm really still doens't support ttf, perhaps someday I'll find the time to take a look and see
if I can fix it myself.

Your X server or X font server probably supports TrueType fonts, though
without antialiasing. My first quick search for documentation on how to set it up turned up this: <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-fonts.html>. To the best of my memory, that was how we did it on Linux as well, back before XFT
and FontConfig made us all soft.

| Jason F. McBrayer address@hidden |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors. --- The Dhammapada |