stratagus-devel

[Stratagus-devel] Quick Start Stratagus for MSVS

From: Marc Ponsen
Subject: [Stratagus-devel] Quick Start Stratagus for MSVS
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 23:34:44 +0100

Hello everyone,

I am looking for an open-source RTS engine to conduct my AI experiments in. I my experiment I want to have two computer opponents fight eachother in a skirmish map. One computer opponent will have static AI, the other will learn during gameplay. Stratagus was recommended to me as a testbed. Now I am trying to get the Stratagus engine running. Unfortunately I am not a very experienced engineeer and I am having a tough time getting things setup. The amount of new information, files, applications is a bit overwhelming. I was hoping that someone could please tell me how to setup or download a simple RTS game where I can edit the AI file in Microsoft Visual Studio c++ (if this is at all possible).

I already downloaded CVS related files (have not quite figured out how this works however), some Stratagus files and right now I believe I am downloading the CVSRoot archive. Could I download or could someone please send me a c++ project file somewhere of the Stratagus engine, or a game based on this engine?

To summarize:
- I would like to work on the AI in a (simple) RTS game based on Stratagus.
- I would like to use Microsoft Visual Studio c++ (msvs project file would be great)

Help greatly appreciated!!!!

Marc Ponsen

Talk with your online friends with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.nl/