Speech dispatcher generating tones

From: Bart Bunting
Subject: Speech dispatcher generating tones
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:17:50 +1000

Hi all,

I am working on a speech dispatcher speech server for emacspeak.  So far
things are working surprisingly well.  I am going through adding
functionality bit by bit.

One of the things that the dectalk does and emacspeak takes advantage of
is the ability to generate tones of a given pitch and length.

Is there any functionality in speech dispatcher to generate tones?

If not is it something that could be considered for inclusion?

In some sense it is sort of already done by capitalization sound icons I
guess.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Code is at    git://github.com/bartbunting/espd.git if anyone wants to
take a look.  If you do plese excuse my python skills which are non-existent :).

Cheers

Bart

it

--

Bart Bunting

URSYS Pty. Ltd
13 Burwood Rd.  Burwood  NSW  2134  Australia
Ph.           +61 2 8745 2811
Fax          +61 2 8745 2828