Second Beta version for the 0.7.1 release

From: William Hubbs
Subject: Second Beta version for the 0.7.1 release
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 13:09:31 -0500

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 03:30:51PM +0200, Hynek Hanke wrote:
> On 7.9.2010 11:57, pbrobinson at gmail.com wrote:
> > For changes like this, especially in a supposed minor bug fix release,
> > it should be documented much better that the process is changing.
>
> Hello Peter,
>
> you are right. I was considering whether to mention the
> change in README.packagers, but then thought it
> is an implementation detail, which doesn't require any
> explicit action from the packagers.
>
> Lets always put an extra warning in README.packagers
> and in the announce in such cases then.
>
> > For a point release I would have expected only bug fixes not changes to
> > build processes.
>
> This change was necessary to fix clean uninstall.

Hi Peter,

as Hynek said, this was a necessary change.  The build process was
broken.

I'm guessing, because I am the packager for this program for gentoo,
that you probably have something in your spec file for the rpm that was
getting around the build issue we originally had in the package.

Can you post your spec file?  I don't know much about them since I do
not use Fedora, but I will attempt to take a look at it.

Thanks,

William