Second Beta version for the 0.7.1 release

From: pbrobinson
Subject: Second Beta version for the 0.7.1 release
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 10:57:31 +0100

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Hynek Hanke <hanke at brailcom.org> wrote:
> On 6.9.2010 22:04, pbrobinson at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> I've been doing some test compiles in Fedora 14 for testing of
>> packaging in preparation for inclusion in that release. It seems
>> something has changed in the compilation and installation of the
>> python module and it doesn't install.
>
> As Trevor said, the installation scripts were changed
> completely from Setuptools to Autotools. I've checked
> now on my machine and it seems to install OK.
>
> What exactly does make install do when you run
> it inside src/python/? Can you send us the output?

Build output here. Its the same deps as 0.7 release and configure
doesn't seem to complain about them.
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=2450890&name=build.log

For changes like this, especially in a supposed minor bug fix release,
it should be documented much better that the process is changing. For
a point release I would have expected only bug fixes not changes to
build processes.

Peter