I hear disturb differences with speech-dispatcher Espeak output and norm

From: Jonathan Duddington
Subject: I hear disturb differences with speech-dispatcher Espeak output and normal Espeak output
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:05:34 +0100

On 14 Oct, Hammer Attila <hammera at pickup.hu> wrote:

> I maked two wave file and sended Jonathan, after he heared, he
> answered: "I notice two differences.

> 1.  The speech-dispatcher speech is louder.  This causes some
> distortion.

Ignore this.  It is probably caused by the method you uses to record
the sound from Speech Dispatcher.

> 2.  Yes, there is a short pause (silence) of about 20 mS between the
> "b" and and "a" in "olvas?ban" in the speech-dispatcher speech.  This
> is not present in the eSpeak speech.  This causes the problem which
> you hear.  This looks like a problem with Speech Dispatcher or the
> audio output software."

There was a break in the speech.  About 20mS of silence was inserted
into the speech output.

If you repeat the test with the same text, is the break always in the
same place?

If you change the text slightly (slightly more or less text before
"olvas?ban"), is the break always at the same place, in the word
"olvas?ban" ?