spamass-milt-list

Re: getting spamass-milter to simply reject mail

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: getting spamass-milter to simply reject mail
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:14:06 -0500

In the last episode (Jun 13), Jeff D. Hamann said:
> I've installed spamass-milter and it seems to be working fine, but I
> want to configure it so that email that is tagged as spam is simply
> rejected by sendmail. I run a very small site and having a few false
> positives is nothing in comparison to the 500 spams I get each day. I
> configured my sendmail.mc file to read as follows:
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin', `S=local:/var/run/spamass-milter.sock, F=R,
> T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')
> define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS',`spamassassin')
>
> and the mail is getting processed by spamass-milter is being tagged
> as spam (which is good), by if I want Sendmail to reject the message,
> shouldn't I be able to use the F=R argument or do I not understand
> what the F=R flag is for?

F= tells sendmail what to do if the milter is either not present or
times out while processing a message, which is useful if you are using
the milter to enforce business rules, or have some other situiation
where bouncing mail is preferable to allowing unmiltered mail through.

As Jack mentioned, the spamass-milter -r flag is what you're looking
for.  Set it to -1 to bounce all mail spamassassin thinks is spam.  Set
it to a positive number to allow spam between spamassassin's trigger
level and that number, and bounce everything higher.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden