social-discuss

Re: [Social-discuss] Some Thoughts

From: Story Henry
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Some Thoughts
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:03:21 +0100

On 23 Mar 2010, at 21:33, Henry Litwhiler wrote:

> To me, at least, decentralization is a very important thing, and the GNU
> Social project can serve not only as a way of pulling people out of these
> über-centralized social networking sites but also as a way of changing the
> way the internet works at a fundamental level.

This is even more fundamental if you place your WebId ( http://esw.w3.org/WebID
) on that server. Your identity itself becomes something that you then control.
To put it somewhere else is to make yourself under the tutellage of someone
else. It should only happen in exceptional circumstances.

This is about controlling your identity.

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/