sks-devel

[Sks-devel] withdrawal of service: sks.boo.tc / sks.bootc.eu

From: Chris Boot
Subject: [Sks-devel] withdrawal of service: sks.boo.tc / sks.bootc.eu
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 13:40:36 +0100

On 13/07/18 18:34, Phil Pennock wrote:
> Folks, with immediate effect, I am withdrawing sks.spodhuis.org from
> service and it will not be returning in its current form.

My server is down today for reasons unrelated to SKS and it has dropped
out of the SKS pool as a result. I can't bring my server back for
several hours and I will not be bringing SKS back up at all.

Given the recent queries around GDPR and the significant technical
issues with abuse of the SKS ecosystem, I can't keep on. My server and
Internet connection have been run into the ground with the recent abuse
issues and I've been uncomfortable with the potential legal implications
surrounding GDPR, so it's time to pull out.

Once these issues have been ironed out then I will certainly be
interested in contributing resources towards a keyserver effort, but I
can't help but think that SKS is no longer a viable solution to the problem.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Boot