sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] spodhuis keyserver: status update

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] spodhuis keyserver: status update
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 05:03:31 +0000

On 2016-08-17 at 06:29 +0200, Gabor Kiss wrote:
> According to
> https://sks-keyservers.net/status/ks-status.php?server=sks.spodhuis.org
> you did not delete keys.niif.hu, however we are not peering since 2011.

Oh?  What happened to trigger the removal on your side?

> Generally the "Cross-peered" column of the table shows that you have
> only six real peers.

That's buggy.  I _peer_ under the name `sks-peer.spodhuis.org` and
always have done, and that's always been what I ask peers to put in
their membership files: the serving name and the peering name are
distinct, for reasons which I've outlined before.

I've just sampled a few of those "Not OK" entries and they're all
peering correctly with "sks-peer.spodhuis.org" but the status page is
failing to handle that and reporting as "Not OK".

This is a bug on Kristian's side.
The peering itself works just fine.

So in fact, six of my peers are incorrectly listing "sks.spodhuis.org"
instead of "sks-peer.spodhuis.org" and as a result are showing up as
"OK".

Regards,
-Phil