sks-devel

[Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com down and out

From: David Benfell
Subject: [Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com down and out
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 15:44:06 -0700

Hello all,

There are a few folks in my membership file for whom I do not have email addresses. This is mostly for them.

I have previously commented on the difficulty of keeping the sks database healthy. I just discovered my sks instance had been down for several days. I tried to recover and it crashed again.

I'm giving up.

When there is an sks that uses a reliable database system, I'll be happy to rejoin. But Berkeley DB is not sane in my environment, has never proven scalable in any environment I've had in the past, and I'm not messing with it any more.
--
David Benfell <address@hidden>