sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com is down, possibly for the count

From: David Benfell
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com is down, possibly for the count
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 21:55:39 -0700

Hi all,

sks.disunitedstates.com, for the moment, is back up. This does not
mean I'm out of the woods.

I have all new memory in the machine and I have tested it, so that
should be okay. I ran fsck on the file system before bringing it back
up, so that should be okay. I downloaded a fresh dump and rebuilt the
database from scratch, so that should be okay.

The pattern has been that sks has run long enough for me to think
things are okay and stop paying attention. By morning, the database is
corrupt. It this happens again, then I see little alternative but to
concede defeat. Obviously I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.

--
David Benfell <address@hidden>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the