sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] reverse proxies and the pool

From: Gabor Kiss
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] reverse proxies and the pool
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:53:18 +0100 (CET)

Dear Daniel,

> > 1 vote against it. (Sorry if I seem to be ungrateful. :)
>
> can you explain more why?

These efforts with HA pool reminds me bikeshedding.
Wasting time with unremarkable things.

> I'm not sure how this argument works in either context.  What specific threat
> is mitigated by leaving servers that are trivially-DoSable in the default
> pool?

Strictly speaking you are right.
I just don't agree with this step because I truly think its benefits
are illusory and it is devaluation of efforts of enthusiastic
volunteers who make sacrifies for the public.

(Please excuse me for less diplomatic words. English is not my
natural language.)

I really regret my question about reverse proxies giving Kristian
the idea about shutting out 40% of servers from the pool. :-(

Gabor
--
No smoke, no drugs, no vindoze.