sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] dump

From: Sebastian Urbach
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] dump
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 04:58:58 +0100

Am Sat, 05 Nov 2011 21:35:34 -0500
schrieb John Clizbe <address@hidden>:

Hi,

> Robert Hinson wrote:
> > How long does it take to make a dump?
>
> Depends on how fast you can write to disk. Takes about 90-100 minutes
> on my ATA/100 mirror. haven't timed it in quite a while.

I just made another dump to check it out. It took exactly 120 seconds
including db shut down and restart after the dump. 4 Xeon Cores, 24 GB
RAM, and Raid 10 disks were involved.

Cu.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely

Sebastian Urbach

Religion is something left over from the infancy of
our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt
reason and science as our guidelines.

Bertrand Arthur William Russell (1872-1970),
British philosopher, logician, mathematician,
historian, and social critic.