sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 03:48:29 -0500

John Clizbe wrote:
> John Marshall wrote:
>
>> Of course, if you have the time to work through and get all of the
>> generated HTML validating as XHTML 1.0 that would be great.  As long as
>> each generated HTML document begins with a DTD, and the document
>> conforms to that, I think the we can declare we've fixed the problem.
>
> Thanks, John.
>
> At last check:
>
> stats  XHTML 1.0 Strict Passed
> index  XHTML 1.0 Strict Passed
> vindex XHTML 1.0 Strict Passed
> search XHTML 1.0 Strict Passed (This was for armored keys)
>
> Each server admin is responsible for his own index.html.
> However, my index.html is now down to 2 errors, partly by going to
> transitional.
>
> The SKS generated code isn't as clean as I'd like it, but it's validating just
> fine. The rest can be worried about later. If anyone wants to shorten the
> styles
> used in index.ml thereby shortening the generated page, they can send me the
> inline CSS to include in htmlTemplates.ml :-)
>
> I'm in the process of moving the updated code to yogi, my main production box.
> Until then, if folks could keep running inquiries on
> http://keyserver.gingerbear.net:21371 and feed the resulting URL to
> http://validator.w3.org/ it would be HUGELY appreciated.
>
> Send me the URL from SKS if errors are received on the validator.
> This looks clean enough, I may commit and push tomorrow if nothing comes up.
>
> This just may make a 1.1.2 necessary :-)

code is live on http://keyserver.gingerbear.net:80 and
http://keyserver.gingerbear.net:11371

The only thing left is aesthetic -- need a good choice of monospaced font(s)
that will likely be found for all so that the columns of vindex for a single key
line up correctly.

Good night. Test away.

- -John
- --
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or
     mailto:address@hidden

"When life hands you melons, I think it's about time you admit to
yourself that you're dyslexic."