sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 02:40:50 -0500

John Marshall wrote:

> Of course, if you have the time to work through and get all of the
> generated HTML validating as XHTML 1.0 that would be great.  As long as
> each generated HTML document begins with a DTD, and the document
> conforms to that, I think the we can declare we've fixed the problem.

Thanks, John.

At last check:

stats  XHTML 1.0 Strict Passed
index  XHTML 1.0 Strict Passed
vindex XHTML 1.0 Strict Passed
search XHTML 1.0 Strict Passed (This was for armored keys)

Each server admin is responsible for his own index.html.
However, my index.html is now down to 2 errors, partly by going to transitional.

The SKS generated code isn't as clean as I'd like it, but it's validating just
fine. The rest can be worried about later. If anyone wants to shorten the styles
used in index.ml thereby shortening the generated page, they can send me the
inline CSS to include in htmlTemplates.ml :-)

I'm in the process of moving the updated code to yogi, my main production box.
Until then, if folks could keep running inquiries on
http://keyserver.gingerbear.net:21371 and feed the resulting URL to
http://validator.w3.org/ it would be HUGELY appreciated.

Send me the URL from SKS if errors are received on the validator.
This looks clean enough, I may commit and push tomorrow if nothing comes up.

This just may make a 1.1.2 necessary :-)

Regards,

John

- --
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or
     mailto:address@hidden

"When life hands you melons, I think it's about time you admit to
yourself that you're dyslexic."